Announcement of New Specialist Doctor – Dr CM Fong
Onyx Children’s Surgery Centre is pleased to announce Dr. Fong Chi Ming, Specialist in Orthopaedics and Traumatology has joined us with effect from 1st March 2018.
Dr. FONG Chi Ming received his professional training in Hong Kong and has undergone overseas clinical attachment in San Diego, USA and the Hospital for Sick children, Toronto, Canada. He manages most orthopaedics problems of both Children and Adults.
His main subspecialty interest in Bone, Joint & Muscle problems in Children includes acute trauma treatment, deformity correction, developmental or congenital paediatric orthopaedic problems such as developmental dysplasia of hip, leg length discrepancy, torticollis and so on.
He has published widely in local and international academic journals, some of his research topics include paediatric ice-skating injuries in Hong Kong, trampoline-related injuries and reconstruction for patellar instability in children.
He is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Orthopaedics Services provided:
(1) All kind of fractures treatment including Casting and Surgery
(2) Treatment for Bone and Joint infection
(3) Congenital problems like Clubfoot, Torticollis, Hip Dysplasia, Extra-digits of hands/ feet
(4) Treatment for Leg Length Discrepancy
(5) Gait problem consultation and treatment e.g. intoeing
(6) Flatfoot counselling and advice
(7) Antenatal counselling for congenital orthopaedics problems